A Message from Our Executive Director
Welcome to our website. Our intent is to let you know who we are and what we do as easily as possible. Like everything we do at NCYF, we put this site together with you, the reader and/or potential user of our services, in mind.
A bit of history
Northeast Center for Youth and Families (NCYF), founded as the Advocate Program in 1972, and later as Tri-County Youth Programs in 1979, grew out of a deep commitment to social reform that prevailed in the early 1970’s and dramatically changed society’s treatment of its most disadvantaged members through a shift in public policy towards more compassionate, less restrictive, community-based care.
We began with advocacy and foster care for 20 at risk young people. Group homes, a small special education school and an after school program followed. Later, family support services were added to assist families in their homes.
Our commitment to youth and families has never wavered, and has enabled us to grow and improve our service offerings to include:
- Upwards of 120 licensed and trained specialized foster homes statewide serve, on average, 105-115 foster kids daily
- Our three Therapeutic Day Programs offer a variety of educational, recreational and social skill-building activities
- Up to 24 residents are served daily in two residential programs located in Springfield.
- Our CBHI services, featuring services such as in-home therapy, therapeutic training and support, and therapeutic mentoring, provide support and assistance to over 200 families a year.
- In 2013, NCYF was granted an outpatient mental health clinic license, thus achieving a longtime strategic goal to provide service continuity for families who previously had to seek new therapists in the community when “graduating” from our programs.
Advocating for, and assisting our families to achieve their potential has been at the core of our mission for over 40 years. If you and/or your family members are experiencing any level of difficulties or challenges, I encourage you to browse our website and reach out to us for assistance and support. I assure you, you’ll be glad you did!
Meredith Lagoy, LICSW
You can contact us easily using the links on this page, but if you can’t find what you are looking for or feel you need to speak with somone urgently, please call our administrative offices at 413.529.7777.